Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Little More Lenny...







I woke up feeling thankful today. Thankful for my Sunshine. I decided to bounce a little of that light and warmth over to some Facebook Friends of mine, so I randomly went through my Friends List and started writing. I have received a few "Likes" and written thanks, but I'm not doing it for that. I just honestly want to stop and tell people, even internet, social network e-pals who I've never actually met, that they are appreciated.

There's a song and video by the late Amy Winehouse that makes me think of "Ain't No Sunshine". It's called "Tears Dry on Their Own":



If you look pass Amy's beehive and the hookers in neon in the background, you'll notice the subtle play on light. While Amy sits sadly singing her heart out in that hotel room, the light repeatedly brightens only to dim. In the last scenes, it's night. The sun is actually gone.

I hope to one day look back on the path I've made and still see little flickers of light I set by being someone's sunshine. I hope to do a spin, a la Micheal Jackson, and see my path still lit up like MJ's did when he danced in "Billie Jean".

This morning, I wanted to fly away, and for a bit, I have, feeling sunshine. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment